This month is National Men’s Health month. It’s time to get in the spirit by getting in shape and trying some new local activities. Why not try that diet you’ve been considering, or finally start those early morning runs before work? If there is a month for trying new things, this is it. Need some suggestions? We’ve got you covered.
Groups You Need To Join
- Austin Men’s Soccer Association: Did you play soccer back in the day, or occasionally play with your friends and/or children? Well, maybe it’s time to get back in the game. The Austin Men’s Soccer Association caters to men of all ages, even offering a 50+ division. Consider rounding up a group of friends and starting a team. If you just want to hop on an existing team, check out the teams looking for players. This organization is a great way to get out there, get fit, and make some new friends.
- Austin Senior Golf Association: This group is for 62+ men and women looking to be very involved in the local golf community. This organization has been around for 30 years and offers golf tournaments every Tuesday at different courses around the city. Interested in becoming a member? Fill out the form here.
- Austin Runners Club: This group comes with a lot of perks. Memberships come with race discounts, store discounts, and other discounts perks, such as massages and yoga classes. You can also check out their site to register for their distance challenge or join a group run. Even if you’re not much of a runner, joining a running group is great motivation. Consider joining early morning running groups, and maybe you’ll find that by running before work, you have a more productive day.
- Tennis Clubs: Do you play tennis occasionally, or has it been a while? Perhaps it’s time to consider joining a club. There are multiple tennis clubs all over Austin, such as the Grey Rock Tennis Club and the Polo Tennis Club. There are a lot of perks to joining a tennis club, especially if you are an avid player and are racking up single court usage bills. Memberships often get you unlimited court time for no additional cost, and give you access to leagues and tournaments.
Activities You Need To Do
- Water Sports: Now that the weather is great, why not take the opportunity to get in shape out on Lake Travis? Sure, if you don’t have a boat, or know someone that has a boat, rentals can be a bit pricey. But since it’s Men’s Health Month, consider treating yourself to either paying for boat access, or lessons if you are inexperienced. Check Water Ski Lake Austin for rates and schedules.
- Boxing/Kick Boxing: Boxing and kick boxing are both great exercises that not only help get you fit, but help you to better defend yourself. The Austin Kick Boxing Academy offers both boxing and kick boxing at a variety of levels, so no matter what your skill set or age, there is a class for you.
- Dance Class: Perhaps your manliness makes this suggestion seem downright laughable. Or perhaps you’re thinking a dance class could be a great way to not only be physical, but bond with your significant other. We aren’t suggesting ballet, but perhaps try out swing or salsa, and use the opportunity to impress your loved one. Check out Austin Uptown Dance or the Arthur Murray Dance Studio for classes and pricing.
- Adult Martial Arts: Ever wanted to learn martial arts? There are plenty of adult classes all over Austin. For a couple options scattered around the city, check out:
Diets/Cleanses You Need To Try
- Ideal Protein Diet: The Ideal Protein Diet was rated the #1 most popular diet of 2015. Signing up with Ideal Protein means one-on-one service from an Ideal Protein expert. One of our Doctors, Dr. Mistry, completed the Ideal Protein Diet and lost 80 pounds! Find out more about Ideal Protein’s program during an initial assessment with Armor Men’s Health. Also, RSVP with email@example.com to join us for an Ideal Protein seminar on June 22nd at 5:30 pm. For more information on incorporating protein into your diet, check out our day of protein post.
- Daily Juice Cleanse: Daily Juice has become an Austin staple, offering delicious juices, smoothies, and full meals across town. Daily Juice also offers an incredible cleanse, available in different formats, ranging from tropical to low-sugar. Our Doctors, Dr. Mistry and Dustin Fontenot tried a 3 day standard cleanse and felt revitalized and healthy. A juice cleanse is a great way to celebrate Men’s Health Month, and start off a new healthier lifestyle by eliminating toxins, and filling your body with only the healthiest ingredients.
There are so many different healthy activities for you to try. Just make sure you’re trying something. Need more tips? Contact us for more advice in order to become the healthiest version of yourself.