Father’s Day is not only a time to celebrate fathers, but a time to celebrate family. Perhaps your family has a Father’s Day tradition, where you go to church or BBQ as a family. Or maybe you’re still searching for that perfect Father’s Day activity to bring you all together. Well, we’ve got some tips for you, and ways to celebrate Father’s Day Austin, Texas style.
Music in Austin is always a good idea. This Father’s Day, enjoy concerts at a couple locations throughout Austin:
- Father’s Day Concert in the Park: The annual concert in the park at Zilker Hillside Theater takes place Sunday from 7:30 to 9 pm. This is a great way to get the whole family together, and enjoy some live music from the Austin Symphonic Band. Get there early and snag a great spot.
- Austin Symphony Hartman Foundation Concerts in the Park: The Austin Symphony Hartman Foundation is hosting Concerts in the Park all summer long, every Sunday at the in front of the Long Center City Terrace. Father’s Day Sunday will feature music from Big Band starting at 7:30 pm.
- A Celebration of Music by the Talking Heads: A fan of the Talking Heads? Well the Mohawk is hosting a Talking Heads tribute concert, featuring music by 4 local bands. The show is all ages, so feel free to bring your little ones. And an added perk? Free early show for dads!
- Wheeler Walker Jr. at Grizzly Hall: Want to spend Father’s Day listening to bluegrass? Of course you do! Catch Wheeler Walker Jr. at Grizzly Hall, and Dads can enjoy one drink on the house. One catch is that it is a 21+ show, so if you want to spend the night with your underage kids, this place is not for you. On the other hand, after a full day with kids, a nice cold one, live music, and no kids in sight might seem like the perfect end to Father’s Day. Doors open at 7, follow the link to buy your ticket in advance.
There are so many other fun things to do in Austin this Father’s Day! From cruises to crafting, the world is your oyster.
- Father’s Day BrewBCruise: Spend Father’s Day out on a BBQ-Booze Cruise. A $35 dollar ticket gets you craft beer and BBQ from Uncle Billy’s. There will be live music courtesy of Beat Bodega, and all dads will be entered to win great prizes, including golf at the Omni Barton Creek, a YETI swag bag, and a tasting and tour at Treaty Oak Distillery.
- Father’s Day BBQ Social: This is definitely an event you don’t want to miss. Hosted at the Treaty Oak Distillery, enjoy live music by Sophia Johnson (1:30 – 4:30), a BBQ Buffet with native Texas meats, and a hot shave chair by Floyd’s Barbershop. There will also be a Drink Like a Dad Cocktail Class from 1-3 for $35, which includes a tour, tasting, cocktail recipe cards, and 10% off gift shop merchandise, as well as the class.
- Hook at the Blue Starlight Drive-In: Looking for something the kids will enjoy? See Hook at the Blue Starlight Drive-In, and enjoy a classic on the big screen from the comfort of your own vehicle. There will be a special pre-show performance, so get there on time at 8:30. And here is a little tip – Blue Starlight has a groupon available.
- Father’s Day Refectory Tour: Take a trip to Bastrop and enjoy a Father’s Day Refectory Tour. The Refectory, built in the 1930s, is known as one of the most beautiful hand crafted buildings in Texas. Tours are rarely offered, so hop on the chance to check out this historic building for only 5 dollars. Also take the opportunity to hike in Bastrop State Park and enjoy a great day outdoors. For more information on the history of the Refectory and Bastrop State Park, read here.
- Picnic Hike at Pedernales Falls State Park: Nothing like hiking and picnics on a Sunday. Enjoy a day outdoors hiking around the Pedernales River, and stop with the family to eat that delicious lunch you packed. There is no fee beyond the normal 6 dollar per person entrance fee, so have an inexpensive and peaceful day outdoors with the family.
The Armor Men’s Health family wishes you a happy and healthy Father’s Day. Contact us for post-Father’s Day appointments at (512) 238-0762 or fill out the contact form.